I have been tagged by Jolene to disclose what I like about blogging.
At first I could think of more things I don’t like about it – the time it takes up, the obsession, the feeling that I should be doing something more financially rewarding with my time, the blank looks I get from real-life friends when I mention the once-a-day habit…
But as I’m still doing it, there must be plenty of positives as well.
So – the best things about blogging are –
- the laziness of it. I don’t have to do research, interview people, cut my piece to a certain length, worry about rejection – I can just write about what I think/feel/have just wasted my time doing, and hang it out on-line
- the discipline of writing most days (barring holidays) and learning to think about life as raw material; sort of my family as blog-fodder
- connections made with other bloggers and with non-blogging readers. It’s an odd feeling to know people but not know them, if you see what I mean
- being a part of something global, even if I have joined in so late that it’s probably all about to transmute into something new and far too technical for me to follow
- it’s a repository for ideas I may take up later, and a reminder of things I may otherwise forget.
And now I’m supposed to tag three other blogs so they can reveal the extent of their addiction.
I choose: –
And the rules are:
1. Answer the question “What’s the Best Thing About Blogging?”
2. Linkback to the person that tagged you
3. Tag 3 people – try to choose British parent bloggers